Welcome to a new blog segment!
Outside inspiration is just as is sounds. I'll be showing you how to take inspiration from the beauty of the outdoors and apply the same principals to your interior.
We'll be taking inspiration from an array of different sources. From city streets to sweeping landscapes to majestic mountains, valuable design elements can be found in each.
This stunning photo proves that even the simplest building facade can provide inspiration that can be applied to your interior.
What does it teach us?
- A greyscale colour combo is far from boring.
- Light is powerful.
- Angles add mega-interest.
The practical application…
Who wouldn't want to live here? The simplicity of this room makes it magical.
The top three takeaways?
- Black, white & grey warmed up with wood makes for a crisp colour palette that allows you to introduce any other colour in the form of artwork & accessories.
- Although you can't see a window in the photo, the room is bright and airy, allowing shadows to playfully cast on the walls & floor.
- Angles rock! From the herringbone wood floor pattern, to the angular furnishings to the sharp angles in the black & white photography, there is a pop of interest everywhere you turn.